Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Easy to reach from anywhere in Portugal, Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS) is connected by the main A1 motorway, which runs right past the facility. Also worth noting, the A2 southern motorway comes in from the south of the capital, providing easy access to Lisbon and its nearby airport.
Stretching alongside both the southern and eastern side of Portela Airport, the Avenida Marechal Craveiro Lopes / Segunda Circular road joins the E90 / IP1 to the north. Signposted as the 'Aeroporto de Lisboa', Lisbon Airport is close to Moscavide, Prior Velho and Portela, all of while lie to the north-east, while to the south you will find Alvalade, Campo Grande and Sao Joao de Brito, and to the east, Odivelas and Olival Basto.
Directions to Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS) from the north:
Directions to Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS) from the south:
- Head south along the A8 or the A1 from north Portugal towards Lisbon
- Turn left onto the N249 (E1 / A1) and left again for the airport
Directions to Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS) from the east:
- Head north on the A2, crossing over the estuary
- Bypass Lisbon and merge with the E1 east
- Continue east on the E1 / A1 until you see signs for the Portela Airport exit
- Alternatively, you can travel along Campo Granda and the E1/A1 from central Lisbon
Directions to Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS) from the west:
- Head north-west on IP1
- Turn left (south-west) onto the E1 / A1 and head for Lisbon
- Follow signs for the airport and turn right into the airport grounds after a few miles
- The N249 and E1 / A1 come in from the west of Lisbon
- From Estoril and the west of Lisbon, take the N6 and the A5 east
- Turn left onto IC17 and merge with the N249
- Continue east and north-east, merging with the E1/A1 for the airport
All roads into Lisbon regularly become congested, particularly in the busy summer holiday periods and during morning and evening rush hours. It is best to allow yourself extra time when travelling to Lisbon Airport during these times.
Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS): Virtual Google Maps